Handling the human remains at Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport is conducted through the cargo terminal (cargo center) under the terms and standards of the International Air Transport Association (IATA). Every air carrier closer regulates and specificies the conditions and limitations for the transport of human remains.
For detailed information and instructions user of the airport "nikola tesla" may contact the duty coordinator of cargo center.
Documents that are required for handing over for transportation or taking over of human remains upon their arrival are the following:
- passport of the deceased
- for entry in to the country
* Docket of the consulate of the Republic of Serbia abroad
(if the remains are not followed by the docket it is required to contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Serbia (phone No +381 11 3068-268).
- for exiting the country
* Docket of the consulate of the embassy of destination country
- payment of air carrier transport costs
- certificate of death of the health institution
- payment of storage costs (Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport current account: 330-4014642-71 Credit Agricole Bank)
- payment of costs of the waybill (Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport current account: 330-4014642-71 Credit Agricole Bank)