Homepage > Passengers > Travel > Special Care > Unaccompanied Minors

Unaccompanied Minors

General information

Children up to age of 5 may travel by plane if accompanied by a person older than 16.

Most of the carriers enable children, mainly between the age of 5 and 11 to travel unaccompanied by plane if Unaccompanied Minors (UM for short) service booked.

Age limits at the carriers enabling UM service may significantly vary depending on a carrier so as whether the flight is operated in international or intercontinental traffic.

Parents or a guardian obligations when sending a child to fly alone are as follows:

  • Signing of a Form for transport of Unaccompanied Minor named Handling Advise for UM that regulates terms and conditions for transportation of an unaccompanied minor;
  • Provision of all necessary travel documents for a child – passport, visa (if applicable), air ticket and a written consent that a child can travel without parent's presence (in case the child is traveling without one or both parents);
  • Presence at the airport until departure due to possible delay or cancellation of flight;
  • To identify in the above mentioned document person (name, address, telephone) meeting child, and ensure that mentioned person is at the airport at scheduled time of aircraft arrival;
  • To make sure that child’s baggage does not contain goods being subject to customs duty or items which are not for children’s use or items that are not allowed;

Commonly UM service is also available for children between the age of 12 and 17 on demand whilst children over the age of 17 are commonly considered adults.

General information on documents necessary and visa regime if you travel abroad can be obtained at selected аirline, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Serbia or at the diplomatic and consular representative office of destination country.

If you travel to Serbia, at Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Serbia you can find information on documents necessary and about visa regime.

Additional information can be obtained at the Embassy, Consulate or at non-residential diplomatic and consular representative office of the Republic of Serbia abroad.

Air pressure